KAʻAʻAWA , Hawaii (KHON2) — The northbound lane on Kamehameha Highway will be closed from Kualoa Regional Park to Kaaawa Valley Road on Monday Oct. 5 through Friday, Oct. 9 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for shoreline repair work on the makai shoulder lane.
The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) notified O’ahu motorists on Friday, Oct. 2 of the scheduled lane closure. HDOT says motorists will be contra-flowed in the southbound lane and flaggers will be stationed at each end of the closure to re-direct traffic.
The shoulder repair work will reset the shoreline protection measures following the high surf season, says HDOT.
Motorists are advised to plan ahead and allow for extra travel time to get to their destinations.
For more information, visit their website.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Light winds and mostly dry conditions for the islands this week
- Laulima: Self-employed woman loses business, struggles to support mom with Parkinson’s disease
- HPD receives 550 fireworks-related calls over Thanksgiving week, residents say they’re frustrated
- Golden parachutes plague city, HPD’s fight to regain trust
- Hardworking Hawaii: Helena’s Hawaiian Food in business nearly 75 years ramps up take-out to survive