HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Anahola Reservoirs remediation improvements begin June 1 on Kauai.
The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands has four reservoirs in Anahola that are regulated under the Hawaii Dam and Reservoir Safety Act of 2007 and one unregulated reservoir. The reservoirs belong to a larger irrigation system previously operated by area plantations.
Contractor Goodfellow Bros. LLC will do the work.
Phase 1 construction will begin with the Lower Anahola Reservoir and the Kealia Field 2 Reservoir. During the project’s initial phase, this area will undergo the demolition of the makai reservoir faces to allow stormwater to flow through unimpeded. Phase 2 of construction will involve improvements to the Upper Anahola Reservoir and the Kealia Field 1 Reservoir.
Upon completion of this project, the Lower Anahola and the Kealia Field 2 reservoirs will be deregulated. DHHL will continue to be responsible for inspections and maintenance.
- Congressman Case joins U.S. House Problem Solvers Caucus
- April 12: McDonald’s moving restaurants out of Walmart locations
- Lt. Gov. Answers Viewer Questions About Travel, Mask Enforcement
- Stimulus checks: Missing a payment? File an IRS trace to track it down
- Trade winds strengthen over Kauai, Oahu; instability and showers across Maui, Hawaii Island