HAIKU, Hawaii (KHON2) — A woman arrested in May for violating quarantine, has been arrested again–this time for assault and resisting arrest.
The Maui Police Department reported that 24-year-old Tara Trunfio stabbed another woman shortly before 4 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 11, at the end of Ulaino Road in Haiku.
When police tried to arrest her, Trunfio resisted. She was eventually taken into custody and was charged.
Her bail set at $7,000.
In may, Trunfio, who is from Colorado, was arrested for breaking quarantine.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House
- Potential heavy showers trigger flash flood watch for Maui and Hawaii Island
- Lawmakers and police encourage people to be aware of surroundings in light of recent crimes
- UH study finds seafood like mahi-mahi mislabeled in Honolulu