HAIKU, Hawaii (KHON2) — A woman arrested in May for violating quarantine, has been arrested again–this time for assault and resisting arrest.
The Maui Police Department reported that 24-year-old Tara Trunfio stabbed another woman shortly before 4 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 11, at the end of Ulaino Road in Haiku.
When police tried to arrest her, Trunfio resisted. She was eventually taken into custody and was charged.
Her bail set at $7,000.
In may, Trunfio, who is from Colorado, was arrested for breaking quarantine.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Former Saint Louis offensive lineman Nate Herbig making most of NFL opportunity
- Multiple ocean safety rescues this weekend as beach safety week kicks off
- Retailers prepare for reopening even without the official date announced
- Lt. Gov. Green says more testing options available when tourism reopens Oct. 15
- Mayor Kim urges Gov. to remove managing company Avalon from Hilo Veterans Home