HONOLULU (KHON2) — A big overhaul of election rules is on the table, and the public has a chance to weigh in on Monday, July 6.
In the lead-up to Hawaii’s first all-mail vote, five chapters of administrative rules will be repealed, and new rules adopted for voter registration, challenges, appeals, ballots, and more.
The public hearing–both in person and by call-in–will take place at 9 a.m. at the Office of Elections.
Here’s a link with the hearing notice and rule-change details.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Aloha Authentic: Honoring Hawaiian History Month
- Gov. Ige’s request to halt nonessential travel impacts Hawaii hotel bookings, prices
- Business Matters: Changing lives through empowerment at Pacific Gateway Center
- Kayaker airlifted from Moku Nui Island after becoming ill while paddling out
- Flood advisory posted for Hawaii Island