HONOLULU (KHON2) — The public is advised to keep out of the Kapalama canal and portions of the Honolulu Harbor due to harmful wastewater that had apparently discharged in the area.
The state Department of Health says about 350 gallons of wastewater spilled into the canal near Kokea Street Monday morning.
Warning signs have been posted and the public is advised to remain out of the area’s waters until the signs are removed.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Child abuse reports are falling, but nonprofit says pandemic may be to blame
- Hawaii baseball falls to Cal State Bakersfield, loses series
- Honolulu firefighters rescue hiker off Aiea Loop Trail
- Search continues for missing former Hawaii woman, mother of 3
- Beach ‘Bows split earn split against pair of Pac-12 foes to end regular season schedule