HONOLULU (KHON2) — The public is advised to keep out of the Kapalama canal and portions of the Honolulu Harbor due to harmful wastewater that had apparently discharged in the area.
The state Department of Health says about 350 gallons of wastewater spilled into the canal near Kokea Street Monday morning.
Warning signs have been posted and the public is advised to remain out of the area’s waters until the signs are removed.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: Celebrating America
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- US agency orders Ford to recall 3 million vehicles over air bags
- Trump follows tradition, leaves Oval Office note for Biden
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021