HONOLULU (KHON2) — Protests over the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody are happening across the United States including at the Hawaii State Capitol.
Hawaii’s protest happened on Friday morning.
George Floyd, who is a black man, was arrested for using a counterfeit $20 bill at a grocery store on Monday. A white Minneapolis police officer knelt on Floyd’s neck. There is video showing Floyd saying he can not breathe. Floyd died. The officers that were at the scene were fired. Officer Derek Chauvin, who was kneeling on Floyd, was charged with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in the case.
- Governor Hutchinson to allow cities in Arkansas to pass mask mandates
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment
- PSA: Gov. Edwards and Zion Williamson encourage Louisianans to ‘Mask Up’
- Police investigate Pearl City death
- July 2: Incoming passenger count bumped up to 2,813, total 25 flights landed