HONOLULU (KHON2) — One of two men arrested in connection with the fatal shooting on Hakimo Road has been charged.
City prosecutors charged 20-year-old Kanaloa Auwae with second-degree murder, carrying or use of a firearm in the commission of a separate felony, and possession of an enclosed device to store the firearm.
Auwae appeared in court on the morning of Sept. 30. His bail is set at $1 million.
Court papers say the victim was 28-year-old Kason Tiave.
Police say Auwae allegedly shot Tiave outside a game room on Hakimo Road after getting in an argument on the morning of Sept. 27.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Tracking the Tropics: Delta adds insult to injury in hurricane-ravaged Louisiana
- Restaurant Week Hawaii: MW Restaurant
- Oct. 21: Gov. Ige expected to approve a request to move Honolulu into Tier Two
- Wet conditions expected to continue for Kauai and Oahu, with light trade winds
- Social Scene: Try something new