HONOLULU (KHON2) — A pair of sports superstars from the 80’s were on hand at Saturday’s University of Hawaii football game.
Former major league baseball all-star outfielder Jose Canseco and NFL Super Bowl champion quarterback Jim McMahon greeted 135 wounded armed force veterans who were invited to Saturday’s UH game vs the Air Force Academy.
“It’s been awesome just taking some pictures and saying hello to the troops has been nice,” said Jim McMahon.
“It’s great to come out here with the wounded warriors to support this,” said Jose Canseco. “Jim said, ‘Hey listen. We’re gonna be in town. Can you come on down here and take some pictures maybe watch part of a football game?'”
- Fehoko’s LSU Tigers move into top spot of latest College Football Playoff Rankings
- Road Trip Preview: Rainbow Wahine Basketball to face LMU & Pepperdine this week
- Envy You: Fruits for Skin Beauty
- In sickness & In Health: E-Cigarette Vaping Dangers
- DOT looks to switch from gas tax to road usage charge for road maintenance funding