HONOLULU (KHON2) — A pair of sports superstars from the 80’s were on hand at Saturday’s University of Hawaii football game.
Former major league baseball all-star outfielder Jose Canseco and NFL Super Bowl champion quarterback Jim McMahon greeted 135 wounded armed force veterans who were invited to Saturday’s UH game vs the Air Force Academy.
“It’s been awesome just taking some pictures and saying hello to the troops has been nice,” said Jim McMahon.
“It’s great to come out here with the wounded warriors to support this,” said Jose Canseco. “Jim said, ‘Hey listen. We’re gonna be in town. Can you come on down here and take some pictures maybe watch part of a football game?'”
- Laie’s Wayne Taulapapa scores two touchdowns in season-opening win for Virginia
- Yakiniku Don Day cited after violating city’s emergency order
- Coronavirus: Four deaths, 127 new COVID-19 cases on Sept. 26
- No. 13 UCF overcomes slow start as Mililani’s Dillon Gabriel tosses 4 touchdowns in 51-28 rout over East Carolina
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court