HONOLULU (KHON2) — Shopping for gifts can sometimes be fun; but other times, it can be daunting.
There are far more bad gifts out there than good ones. And the perfect gift is oftentimes illusive.
Get Hawaii’s latest morning news delivered to your inbox, sign up for News 2 You
While there are some gifts like logo mugs, clothing or kitchen supplies that simply are too mundane or personal to buy for someone else.
But while this is a rule of thumb, rules are meant to be broken, especially when you can make that gift extraordinary.
And with 89% of Millennials and 73% Generation Zs cooking at home rather than eating out, good quality kitchen appliances and accessories make the perfect gift to help them with their creative culinary endeavors.
Teflon-free bread makers/machines
A bread maker is a gift that will last for a long time.
- The Beem 5-in-1 Bread Maker offers pans made with ceramic Biolon, non-stick coating that is PFOA- and PTFE-free.
- The KBS large 17-in1 Bread Machine offers all stainless-steel construction, including the pan. KBS also has a machine that offers dual heaters and a ceramic pan.
- The Keepeez Bread Maker Machine is 17-in-1 options and a ceramic pan.
Teflon-free rice cookers
Rice cookers are a part of life in Hawaii, but PFAS don’t need to be.
- The Aroma Housewares Select Stainless Rice Cooker & Warmer offers a coating free pan and a compact design.
- The GreenLife Healthy offers a ceramic nonstick 4-cup pan that cooks rice, oats and grains.
- The Buffalo Classic Rice Cooker offers a stainless-steel inner pan.
- The Elite Gourmet ERC2010B Electric Rice Cooker offers a coating-free stainless-steel inner pan.
- The YumAsia Panda Mini Rice Cooker offers a ceramic inner coating for the pan.
- The Buffalo Titanium Grey IH SMART COOKER offers a Buffalo Clad inner pot with no chemical coating.
- The Aroma Housewares Select offers a stainless-steel rice cooker and warmer.
Mixers are an excellent way to explore baking skills; and since 76% of Millennials and 53% Generation Zs bake at home, it’s a good idea to help them further those skills.
- The Breville Bakery Chef freestanding mixer has 550 watts of power and offers a 4-quart stainless steel bowl, a 5-quart glass bowl, a double-sided scraper beater, a standard flat beater, a dough hook, a wire whisk, a pouring shield and a spatula.
- The KitchenAid Artisan 5-quart tilt-head freestanding mixer has 325 watts of power and offers a mixing bowl, a coated flat beater, a coated dough hook, a whisk and a pouring shield.
- The GE Profile Smart Mixer with Auto Sense offers a 7-quart stainless steel bowl, a commercial-grade stainless beater, a commercial-grade stainless dough hook, a commercial-grade 11-wire whip and a pouring shield.
- The Beautiful by Drew Barrymore Tilt-Head Stand Mixer has 300 watts of power and offers a mixing bowl, a coated flat beater blade, a dough hook, a whisk and a splash shield.
- The Cuisinart SM-50 freestanding mixer has 500 watts of power and offers a 5.5 quart stainless steel bowl, a chef’s whisk, a mixing paddle, a dough hook and a splash guard with a pour spout. This is a less expensive option that comes in at around $150.
Juicing has become a pretty universal thing to consume. But not all juicers are created equally.
- The Nama J2 Cold Press Juicer offers a self-feeding hopper design.
- The Ninja Never Clog Cold Press Juicer is a less expensive juicer that works like an expensive one.
- The Breville Juice Fountain Plus is a sturdy, straightforward, and powerful centrifugal juicer.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
So, there you have it. Lots of fun options for the person in your life who likes to cook and/or bake. It’ll be good to have some fresh baked cookies made for you.