HONOLULU (KHON2) — The investigation continues into a fatal car accident that happened on the H-3 Freeway on Wednesday morning, Aug. 12.
It happened just after 6 a.m.
According to the Honolulu Police Department, the car was heading east on the Kaneohe-bound side of the freeway when it veered off of the road and hit the guardrail.
The car then caught on fire and the driver of the car died at the scene.
Honolulu EMS says that he is believed to be a man in his 50s. The medical examiner has not yet released his name.
All lanes on Kamehameha Highway onto the H-3 were temporarily closed at the time of the accident, and after the scene was cleared the roadway was reopened.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Eight Republicans who could challenge Trump in 2024
- Changes to expect in your child’s school lunches under new USDA nutrition standards
- Hawaiʻi embraces diversity in 2023 legislative session
- ‘Iolani wins HHSAA Division I girls basketball championship
- Controversial military fencing project being relocated