HONOLULU (KHON2) — The investigation continues into a fatal car accident that happened on the H-3 Freeway on Wednesday morning, Aug. 12.
It happened just after 6 a.m.
According to the Honolulu Police Department, the car was heading east on the Kaneohe-bound side of the freeway when it veered off of the road and hit the guardrail.
The car then caught on fire and the driver of the car died at the scene.
Honolulu EMS says that he is believed to be a man in his 50s. The medical examiner has not yet released his name.
All lanes on Kamehameha Highway onto the H-3 were temporarily closed at the time of the accident, and after the scene was cleared the roadway was reopened.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Biles is back! Simone set to return to competition for balance beam final
- Nine months after suffering torn ACL, Hawaii’s Eugene Ford is ‘fired up’ ahead of season opener at UCLA in three weeks
- HSTA holds news conference in response to state’s back-to-school safety plan
- Roosevelt graduate, athlete excited to represent US for karate’s debut in Olympics
- ‘Bows assistant Moeakiola leaves program, veteran coach and former UH defensive back Kim McCloud will serve as interim cornerbacks coach