HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Polynesian Voyaging Society is pushing to put Hokulea on a license plate, and it needs your help.
A senate bill to allow this specialty plate will be heard this Wednesday, Feb 5, 2020. The society would like you to submit testimony in support.
The plate will be for electric vehicles, and it would also help raise money for the Polynesian Voyaging Society.
The proposed design shows Hokulea voyaging out to sea through Kaneohe Bay.
Hokulea was first launched on March 8, 1975.
- Anahola fire displaces family
- Large school of fish attracts sharks to Waikiki
- Smiles for Seniors: Community delivers warm greetings to Palolo Chinese Home
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee
- Gatherings of five or less allowed under new order