PUPUKEA, Hawaii (KHON2) — A bicyclist is dead following a crash in the North Shore area.
According to HPD, An unidentified vehicle was traveling Northeast when for unknown reason veered left crossing the Southwest bound lane and collided into a bicyclist a 42-year-old Sunset Beach male who was traveling Northeast in the unimproved shoulder.
The vehicle then fled the scene of the collision.
The 42-year-old Sunset Beach male was pronounced dead at the scene.
At this time it is unknown if speed, drugs, and alcohol were contributing factors in this collision.
This is the 37 traffic fatality this year compared to 39 at the same time in 2019.
Kamehameha Hwy. is back open by Sunset Beach.
An investigation is underway in the North Shore area following a fatal crash.
The crash occurred around 5:15 a.m. Tuesday morning fronting Sunset Beach.
According to EMS, a male in his 50’s was pronounced dead on arrival.
A contraflow lane is set up on Kamehameha Hwy. near Sunset Beach.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Light trades will eventually be replaced with variables
- The fate of Dillingham Airfield is still in the air
- USS Arizona Memorial will resume tours on Sept. 28
- Potential COVID-19 vaccine being developed at UH
- Former UH basketball star, Heat assistant Anthony Carter headed to NBA Finals as Miami claims Eastern Conference Championship