HONOLULU (KHON2) — Honolulu police are investigating a murder case on Liliha St.
According to police, a 58-year-old man stepped outside of his apartment and got into a verbal then physical fight with another man who was walking down the street.
The incident happened across from Liliha Square at around 1:30 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 9.
Emergency medical service officials say the victim collapsed outside his home from the altercation and fell into cardiac arrest.
He was taken to a nearby hospital in extremely critical condition where he later died.
Police are looking for a suspect.
No additional details are available at this time.
CORRECTION: This story has been updated to reflect that, after clarification from HPD, the victim was 58-years-old. It was previously stated that the victim was a male in is 60’s.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Fauci says he expects Johnson & Johnson vaccinations to resume later this week
- Child abuse reports are falling, but nonprofit says pandemic may be to blame
- Hawaii baseball falls to Cal State Bakersfield, loses series
- Honolulu firefighters rescue hiker off Aiea Loop Trail
- Search continues for missing former Hawaii woman, mother of 3