HONOLULU (KHON2) — Honolulu police are investigating a murder case on Liliha St.
According to police, a 58-year-old man stepped outside of his apartment and got into a verbal then physical fight with another man who was walking down the street.
The incident happened across from Liliha Square at around 1:30 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 9.
Emergency medical service officials say the victim collapsed outside his home from the altercation and fell into cardiac arrest.
He was taken to a nearby hospital in extremely critical condition where he later died.
Police are looking for a suspect.
No additional details are available at this time.
CORRECTION: This story has been updated to reflect that, after clarification from HPD, the victim was 58-years-old. It was previously stated that the victim was a male in is 60’s.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Man involved in Kaneohe road rage shooting charged with attempted murder, drug offenses
- Ashton Nicolas Breaks Into The Local Music Scene With New Single “Find Me”
- Senate’s top Democrat, Republican seek path to guide 50-50 chamber
- Amanda Smith Shares a Recipe to Help Boost Immunity
- Gov. Ige fills vacant Hawaii Island Senate seat with longtime educator, community leader