Police are investigating a murder in South Kohala on Hawaii Island. Police put out an alert saying 41-year-old Smriti Saxena from Washington state had gone missing, last seen at approximately 10:00 last night in Waikoloa.
This afternoon, a woman’s body was found where she was last seen. Sonam Saxena from Washington state was arrested for second-degree murder.
“Based on information that has developed from there and evidence has been recovered Sonam Saxena, which is her husband, has been arrested on the count of murder in the second degree while we continue the investigation with our detectives.” HPD Act. Captain Thomas Shopay said.
Sonam Saxena has not yet been charged.
- Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah lays bare royal rift
- Mar. 8: The House is expected to vote as early as Tuesday on President Biden’s COVID relief bill
- Clouds and showers expected for the first half of the week
- Amy Atwell earns second team All-Big West Conference honors
- Newsfeed Now: Fla. sub facing charges after students attacked; 5-year-old boy’s beats go viral