Police are investigating a murder in South Kohala on Hawaii Island. Police put out an alert saying 41-year-old Smriti Saxena from Washington state had gone missing, last seen at approximately 10:00 last night in Waikoloa.
This afternoon, a woman’s body was found where she was last seen. Sonam Saxena from Washington state was arrested for second-degree murder.
“Based on information that has developed from there and evidence has been recovered Sonam Saxena, which is her husband, has been arrested on the count of murder in the second degree while we continue the investigation with our detectives.” HPD Act. Captain Thomas Shopay said.
Sonam Saxena has not yet been charged.
- Light and variable winds for the islands through this weekend
- Lifeguards, scientist, make a plea for ocean safety amid COVID-19
- CrimeStoppers: Waikiki hotel burglary, Ala Moana forgery
- State expanding on those who can receive COVID-19 testing
- Former Hawaii center Dawson Carper announces transfer to Missouri State