HONOLULU (KHON2) — A man was charged in connection to a robbery in the Kapolei commercial area on January 10.
According to the Honolulu Police Department, a man entered a store and took property on January 9, around 7:48 a.m. When an employee confronted the suspect, the man took out a knife and threatened the employee.
The suspect left the store and fled on foot.
Police checked for the suspect in the area, but the man could not be found.
It wasn’t until 5:15 p.m. that the suspect was found, identified and arrested without incident.
He now faces charges for robbery in the first degree on $20,000 bail.
- Pros and cons of getting the vaccine
- Big Island police need help finding stolen statue
- Waialua principal in hot seat after 80 students gather for assembly
- Massive surf of 40 to 50 feet to impact north shores Saturday; high surf warning for north, west shores
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate