HONOLULU (KHON2) — The man accused of body-slamming an elderly woman before taking her purse has been charged with second-degree robbery.
Micah Toro remains in custody on $25,000 dollars bail.
Police say he is the man seen in the surveillance video taken on the afternoon of Sept. 18 near the Chinatown Cultural Plaza.
The 67-year-old victim told KHON2 she was out running errands when the incident happened.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- British swimmer beats COVID twice to win gold at Olympics
- ‘It’s a celebration to wear this’: Inside the Japanese tradition of kimonos
- ‘A bit much’: Naomi Osaka cites pressure in surprise Olympic loss
- Alaska teen shocks with Olympic swim gold
- Tokyo records record virus cases days after Olympics begin