HONOLULU (KHON2) — Police are investigating a kidnapping case that stemmed from an incident in the Kalihi area on March 13 around 5 p.m.
According to the Honolulu Police Department, a 35-year-old man and his girlfriend, 21, were arguing when the man began to assault her.
The man pushed his girlfriend into a vehicle without her permission and kept her from leaving, police say.
Police later located the man, identified him and arrested him for kidnapping and abuse of family and household members (AFHM) on March 14 around 12:45 a.m.
He remains in police custody, pending investigation.
- DOJ accuses 6 Russian intelligence officers of vast computer hacking
- Light trade winds, with passing showers over Kauai and Oahu
- Celebrating Our Kupuna: Helen Tatsuno
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 39 new cases, brings state total to 14,068
- Two Waikiki hotels to act as additional quarantine facilities for visitors