HONOLULU (KHON2) — A pickup truck caught on fire at the entrance to Spencer Beach Park igniting a brush fire that burned 25 to 30 acres on the Big Island.
Officials say, because of the strong winds the fire also spread to a restroom facility which had damage to its roof.
The visitor center was also affected by water from the sprinkler system.
- Tropical moisture to drift over the islands, potential heavy showers
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Hawaii Nature Center celebrates 40th anniversary with keiki expedition
- UH women’s basketball handles CSUF to complete sweep
- Swimmer drowns in Lekeleke Bay on Hawaii Island