HONOLULU (KHON2) — The bike lane alongside of Pensacola Street is getting a fresh coat of paint.
Workers contracted by the Department of Transportation Services have been working to re-stripe the bright green bike lane on the mauka side of Pensacola since March 30.
Travel lanes are being relocated to avoid the construction, and 30 parking spaces have been removed.
Backwards-facing traffic signals have also been put in place for mauka-bound bicyclists.
The lane-striping is expected to be completed by late August.
The Latest on KHON2
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers
- Isolate, test, self-trace ways to crush COVID beyond the mask, hand washing and distancing