HONOLULU (KHON2) — Something new is popping up on Pensacola Street, and it is hard to miss.
What look like brightly colored green crosswalks are actually part of the new two way bike-lane the city is rolling out along the street.
If they caught your eye then they’re working like they should.
Their bright color is meant to alert drivers to the fact that bikes may be crossing.
In addition to the new markings, new traffic lights for bicyclists have also been added along Pensacola.
The two-way bike lane goes from Wilder Street to Kapiolani Boulevard on the Diamond Head side of the street.
The project is expected to be completed some time next month.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Inside look of screening process for incoming travelers at Hilo International Airport
- Pearl City’s Kai Kamaka III ‘gets the call’, will make UFC debut Saturday in Las Vegas
- KFD responds to multiple overnight house fires
- US lawmakers introduce bill to encourage preventive health care
- Feds offer $460 million in public transportation grants