HONOLULU (KHON2) — Something new is popping up on Pensacola Street, and it is hard to miss.
What look like brightly colored green crosswalks are actually part of the new two way bike-lane the city is rolling out along the street.
If they caught your eye then they’re working like they should.
Their bright color is meant to alert drivers to the fact that bikes may be crossing.
In addition to the new markings, new traffic lights for bicyclists have also been added along Pensacola.
The two-way bike lane goes from Wilder Street to Kapiolani Boulevard on the Diamond Head side of the street.
The project is expected to be completed some time next month.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Sunshine returns to the islands as heavy rains exit to the west
- COVID-19 data analyst projects spike from Halloween could come around Nov. 15
- Hardworking Hawaii: Pandemic hurts long-time business Waiola Shave Ice during key summer months
- Ala Moana Center transforms parking lot into a drive-in theater
- City cleanup effort removes 52 tons of rubbish from Oahu’s Leeward Coast