HONOLULU (KHON2) — Something new is popping up on Pensacola Street, and it is hard to miss.
What look like brightly colored green crosswalks are actually part of the new two way bike-lane the city is rolling out along the street.
If they caught your eye then they’re working like they should.
Their bright color is meant to alert drivers to the fact that bikes may be crossing.
In addition to the new markings, new traffic lights for bicyclists have also been added along Pensacola.
The two-way bike lane goes from Wilder Street to Kapiolani Boulevard on the Diamond Head side of the street.
The project is expected to be completed some time next month.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Child abuse reports are falling, but nonprofit says pandemic may be to blame
- Hawaii baseball falls to Cal State Bakersfield, loses series
- Honolulu firefighters rescue hiker off Aiea Loop Trail
- Search continues for missing former Hawaii woman, mother of 3
- Beach ‘Bows split earn split against pair of Pac-12 foes to end regular season schedule