HONOLULU (KHON2) — Something new is popping up on Pensacola Street, and it is hard to miss.
What look like brightly colored green crosswalks are actually part of the new two way bike-lane the city is rolling out along the street.
If they caught your eye then they’re working like they should.
Their bright color is meant to alert drivers to the fact that bikes may be crossing.
In addition to the new markings, new traffic lights for bicyclists have also been added along Pensacola.
The two-way bike lane goes from Wilder Street to Kapiolani Boulevard on the Diamond Head side of the street.
The project is expected to be completed some time next month.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Nine months after suffering torn ACL, Hawaii’s Eugene Ford is ‘fired up’ ahead of season opener at UCLA in three weeks
- HSTA holds news conference in response to state’s back-to-school safety plan
- Roosevelt graduate, athlete excited to represent US for karate’s debut in Olympics
- ‘Bows assistant Moeakiola leaves program, veteran coach and former UH defensive back Kim McCloud will serve as interim cornerbacks coach
- Hawaii officials discuss back-to-school safety, a day before classrooms reopen