HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Lanai, a 57-year-old woman is dead after being hit by a vehicle.
Officials say this happened around noon Thursday.
According to police, a pickup truck heading northbound on Lanai Avenue, hit the woman as she was crossing the street.
The woman is identified as Christine Sandi. She was taken to the hospital where she died.
The driver of the truck was not hurt.
- Strong trade winds expected across the state
- Newsfeed Now: FDA finds Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine effective and safe; veterinarians say six-legged puppy ‘a miracle’
- Biden administration to deliver 25M free masks to those in need
- Social Scene: BTS performs on MTV Unplugged
- More than 3.4 million Texans still facing disrupted water supplies, authorities say