HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Lanai, a 57-year-old woman is dead after being hit by a vehicle.
Officials say this happened around noon Thursday.
According to police, a pickup truck heading northbound on Lanai Avenue, hit the woman as she was crossing the street.
The woman is identified as Christine Sandi. She was taken to the hospital where she died.
The driver of the truck was not hurt.
- Light winds to remain over islands through Friday, wetter weather this weekend
- Evacuations would be urgent in a potential local tsunami
- Weather report: light winds and intermittent showers on the way
- 40 foot tree harvested in preparation for the holiday season
- DOT sending out driving reports, how much will you pay under a road usage fee?