HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Honolulu Medical Examiner has identified the man who died after getting hit by a car while crossing the street in the Salt Lake area as 72-year-old Ronald Martines of Waipahu.
The accident happened on Saturday, June 27 at 5:20 a.m.
Police say an 86-year-old woman was driving southbound on Kamehameha Highway at the intersection of Salt Lake Boulevard.
Her car hit a man, who was crossing the street, in a marked crosswalk.
The driver stayed at the scene, and she was not injured.
The pedestrian, who is in his 70s, was taken to the hospital in critical condition where he later died.
Police say speed, drugs, and alcohol does not appear to be factors.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- FDA, CDC recommend ‘pausing’ administration of Johnson & Johnson vaccine after reports of blood clots
- Newsfeed Now: Health officials pause use of J&J vaccine, unrest continues for second night after deadly MN arrest
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Chauvin trial: Defense set to start presenting its case
- Cool trade wind weather prevails over the islands