HONOLULU (KHON2) — A man is dead after being hit by a vehicle while crossing Punchbowl Street.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
It happened around 10:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 1, 2021 near Miller Street.
A 67-year-old man was crossing Punchbowl Street in a marked crosswalk. He was struck by a 58-year-old male driver from Honolulu. Police say he was taken to the hospital in good condition. EMS said he was taken in serious condition. He later died.
The driver remained at the scene of the collision.
Police say at this time, neither speed, drugs, or alcohol appear to be contributing factors.
This is the 1st traffic fatality on Oahu in 2021.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Windward showers set to increase this weekend
- Summer keiki programs plentiful in Honolulu, but demand is high
- Las Vegas businesses prepare for more Hawaii visitors ahead of full capacity reopening date
- Wyllie Street, Coelho Way closed due to police investigation, 1 dead after officer-involved shooting
- Aloha Authentic: Kīlauea, Hawaii’s most active volcano