HONOLULU (KHON2) — A man is dead after trying to cross Kamehameha Highway near Makalapa Gate.
It happened just before 9 p.m. Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
Police say a 28-year-old male was traveling southbound on Kamehameha Highway, near the Makalapa Gate, when he collided with a male pedestrian who attempted to cross the roadway.
As a result of the collision, the male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. The male pedestrian could not be identified at the scene.
At this time, speed, alcohol, or drugs, do not appear to be contributing factors in this collision.
The investigation is ongoing.
Police say this the 51st traffic fatality in 2019 compared to 63 at the same time in 2018.
- Honolulu mayor honors the ‘headset heroes’ during National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week
- Consumer Alert: Officials warn of rise in ransomware computer attacks
- Hawaii HR company says some employers are looking to hire during pandemic
- ‘It was horrific’: Sailor’s death at the Kahala Hotel and Resort stirs emotions
- Hawaii’s Safe Travels vaccine card announcement expected by end of week