Update: Traffic investigators reported that the pedestrian hit along Kahekili Highway was pronounced dead at the scene.
They say that just before 8 p.m. Sunday night, a 39-year-old woman was driving a van towards Kaneohe when it crossed the solid white line and hit the man who was walking on the shoulder.
No other injuries were reported.
It’s unknown if speed, drugs or alcohol are factors in the crash.
Stay with KHON2 on-air and online as we continue to update this story
HONOLULU (KHON2) — A pedestrian-involved accident has shut down a portion of Kahekili Highway on Sunday, December 1, around 8:13 p.m.
This is located Kaneohe bound between Ahaolelo Road and Ahuimanu Road.
The public is advised to expect delays in the area.
So far, there’s no word on the status condition of the pedestrian.
- With Charlie Brown specials gone from TV, here’s how to watch them for free
- Live blog: Hawaii at Fresno State
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 90 new cases, with 3 additional fatalities
- Mililani’s Dillon Gabriel shines again as UCF gets back in win column
- Lanai Voter Service Center closed after coronavirus cases spike