HONOLULU (KHON2) — The U.S. Navy will release its final report on Tuesday, Sept. 29 into last year’s deadly shooting at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard.
On Dec. 4 U.S. Navy sailor Gabriel Romero shot three civilian Department of Defense workers, killing 30-year-old Vincent Kapoi Jr., and 49-year-old Roldan Agustin before fatally shooting himself.
A third civilian worker, 36-year-old Roger Nakamine was also shot and survived.
The report is expected to provide a timeline of the day’s events.
We’ll also be looking for information about Romero’s mental health history.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Kahuku’s Punahele Soriano improves to 8-0 with first-round TKO on Fight Island
- Man in serious condition after a gunshot wound in Honolulu
- High surf warning in effect until 6 a.m. Sunday, surf will be 40 to 50 feet along north facing shores
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Heavy rain possible for the islands starting late Sunday