HAWAII KAI, Hawaii (KHON2) — Phased closures of the Koko Head Shooting Complex are scheduled to begin on Nov. 16 and last through mid-December. Crews will be removing lead from gallery areas that will require specific ranges to close.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
The project will not impact other ranges in the complex, including the archery range.
Closures are scheduled for the following dates:
- Nov. 16 – Nov. 20: Pistol Range Closed
- Nov. 23 – Dec. 8: Rifle Range Closed
- Dec. 9 – Dec. 16: Silhouette Range Closed
Unitek Insulation, Inc. was awarded the contract for this remediation project, which costs upwards of $146,000.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Don’t let scammers steal your identity
- Texas woman fighting for legal abortion flees the state
- Congress braces for head-to-head clash on warrantless surveillance reform bills
- Biden travels to Philadelphia, announces $22.4 million grant for firefighters
- Special Counsel asks SCOTUS to rule in Trump case