HONOLULU (KHON2) — The 19th annual Paddle for Hunger event on Thanksgiving Day raised more than $8,000, and 1,200 pounds of food for the Maui Food Bank.
The organization said this will provide 33,848 meals for needy families on Maui.
Paddle For Hunger is organized by Hawaiian Paddle Sports as part of its Malama Maui community give back program.
For details, log onto www.HawaiianPaddleSports.com/Malama-Maui.
- Maui stores prepare to cut down on customers as new Maui rules start Tuesday
- Aloha Home Market donates proceeds to charity
- A year after tragic Diamond Head shooting, families of fallen officers Enriquez and Kalama still mourn
- Study shows nurses in Hawaii get paid the most in the country compared to other nurses
- Strong winds tear roof off Maunalani Heights home