KOHALA, Hawaii (KHON2) — Arrests and recoveries were made in a drug bust on the Big Island.
The Hawaii Police Department reported that officers executed search warrants at a home off of Kipahele Street in Waimea on Tuesday, Oct. 27.
HPD reported that officers recovered 3,286.9 grams of cocaine, 120 grams of crystal methamphetamine, 16.6 grams of marijuana and a .223 caliber semi-automatic rifle. They also recovered 353,898 in cash, a 2008 Toyota pickup truck, a 2008 Toyota SUV and a 2018 Polaris UTV.
Police also arrested 33-year-old Alika Akima and a 34-year-old woman for two counts of first-degree promotion of a dangerous drug and third-degree promotion of a detrimental drug.
On Wednesday, police charged Akima. The woman was released from custody, pending investigation.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: Ken Jennings to guest host Jeopardy
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House