HONOLULU (KHON2) — The 50-year-old man accused of fatally shooting a 16-year-old boy has been charged, according to the Honolulu Police Department.
Police responded to the scene of the shooting in Kalihi, which happened on Thursday, November 7, just after 11 p.m.
The victim was shot near public housing on Kula Kolea Drive and was rushed to the hospital where he later died.
The teenager was later identified as Starsky Willy of Honolulu.
The man, who was later identified as Richard Obrero, was arrested at the scene.
He faces six charges: one charge of murder in the second-degree, one charge of attempted murder in the first-degree, three charges of attempted murder in the second-degree, and one charge of firearms storage.
Obrero is being held in police custody with bail set at $1 million.
This incident was the second shooting reported at this location in less than a month.
- Hawaii swim and dive men and women win back to back MPSF titles
- Trade winds to return at the start of week, then becomes breezy
- Hawaii baseball edges Washington State for second straight win
- Sunday’s Hawaiian moon phase: Hilo
- Bailey the therapy dog hits the gym