HONOLULU (KHON2) — Fire officials are investigating a fire at a short term vacation rental in the Volcano area.
Officials say, at around 7:20 p.m. Sunday, guests arrived to find smoke coming out of the building’s seams.
Fire crews found all windows to be whited out with paint, and the furniture inside piled up and in flames.
Officials believe the fire was intentionally set.
It caused about $56,000 in damage.
- Big Game Bound: What Drew Brees, Saints need to regain championship form
- Lions great Eric Hipple shares powerful message on mental health
- Dems ask GOP senators to call Bolton in impeachment trial
- Big Game Bound’s Jarrett Payton on why loss of Kobe Bryant hits home for all of us
- Crews work to recover remains at site of helicopter crash that killed 9, including Kobe Bryant