HONOLULU (KHON2) — Fire officials are investigating a fire at a short term vacation rental in the Volcano area.
Officials say, at around 7:20 p.m. Sunday, guests arrived to find smoke coming out of the building’s seams.
Fire crews found all windows to be whited out with paint, and the furniture inside piled up and in flames.
Officials believe the fire was intentionally set.
It caused about $56,000 in damage.
- BWS crews repairing service leak in Ewa Beach
- Oahu filmmaker’s movie in upcoming Sundance Film Festival
- Hawaii National Guard heading home from Washington DC, calls mission an eye-opening experience
- Man survives early morning Molotov Cocktail attack on his office
- Colorado man arrested for COVID violation following Maui beach gathering