HONOLULU (KHON2) — An Oahu family has filed suit against the City and County of Honolulu and the Honolulu Police Department.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
An abuse of power complaint filed by Jennifer and Jorge Rivera claims that their son, J.R., was bullied by an HPD officer’s son. The 15-year-old J.R. claims the bullying went on for several months, with the officer’s son forcing J.R. to fight back in November 2018.
That incident was followed, the next day, by the HPD officer arresting J.R. at school without, the complaint claims, reading him his rights or notifying his parents. The Rivera’s say that has had devastating effects on their family.
- Hawaiian Airlines flight to Seattle diverted due to disturbance
- UH women’s volleyball sweeps UC Riverside to begin Big West play
- Murphy Street Collector on KHII
- Habilitat bringing back haunted drive-thru at Aloha Stadium
- Hawaii offering monthly bonuses to attract airport screeners before holiday season