HONOLULU (KHON2) — There’s no tsunami threat to Hawaii after a 4.4 magnitude earthquake happened in the vicinity of the South West Rift Zone of Kilauea, on Thursday, Jan. 14.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
It happened at 6:17 p.m.. Hawaii time.
The Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency reports that based on all available data, there is no tsunami threat from this earthquake.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Newsfeed Now: Fla. sub facing charges after students attacked; 5-year-old boy’s beats go viral
- Social Scene: Harry and Meghan’s interview
- Live: CDC announces fully vaccinated Americans can gather without masks
- Stimulus check calculator: Do you qualify for $1,400?
- Wet and windy weather in store for new week