NAALEHU, Hawaii (KHON2) — There is no tsunami threat to Hawaii after a 4.8 earthquake strikes the Big Island.
The quake was first reported at 6:06 a.m. on Hawaii Island, about 75 miles SW of Hilo, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
Latest on KHON2
- Hawaii’s Kevin Natividad returns to the UFC this weekend, but this time in front of fans at UFC 261
- Social Scene: Dog saves dog in pool
- Breezy trade winds are making it back to the islands
- Oahu luxury home sales continue to trend upward
- State moves forward with new Aloha Stadium project, starts with real estate