NAALEHU, Hawaii (KHON2) — There is no tsunami threat to Hawaii after a 4.8 earthquake strikes the Big Island.
The quake was first reported at 6:06 a.m. on Hawaii Island, about 75 miles SW of Hilo, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
Latest on KHON2
- A week before school starts, preparations for in-person learning continue
- CDC team coming to Oahu to investigate coronavirus surge in Leeward Oahu
- Kamehameha Schools in negotiations with potential operator for Volcano Golf Course
- Department of Public Safety confirms three workers at Maui Community Correctional Center tested positive for coronavirus
- 9th Island Night Life July 27