NAALEHU, Hawaii (KHON2) — There is no tsunami threat to Hawaii after a 4.8 earthquake strikes the Big Island.
The quake was first reported at 6:06 a.m. on Hawaii Island, about 75 miles SW of Hilo, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
Latest on KHON2
- One to two sharks seen feeding at Kaimana Beach in Waikiki
- Coronavirus: one death, 98 new COVID-19 cases on Sept. 27
- Man dead after shooting on Hakimo Road in Waianae
- Son turns father’s Hawaii WWII memories into historical book
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders