NAALEHU, Hawaii (KHON2) — There is no tsunami threat to Hawaii after a 4.8 earthquake strikes the Big Island.
The quake was first reported at 6:06 a.m. on Hawaii Island, about 75 miles SW of Hilo, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
Latest on KHON2
- Central Pacific Hurricane Center announces season outlook for 2022
- ‘There’s literally blood everywhere’: Virginia students find school halls covered in blood
- Hawaii reports 7,149 COVID cases, 12 new deaths
- Baby formula shortage hits home for mother of triplets
- US stocks swoon as Target’s woes renew inflation fears