NAALEHU, Hawaii (KHON2) — There is no tsunami threat to Hawaii after a 4.8 earthquake strikes the Big Island.
The quake was first reported at 6:06 a.m. on Hawaii Island, about 75 miles SW of Hilo, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
Latest on KHON2
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- Tampa mayor wants to fill Super Bowl seats with vaccinated health care workers
- Waianae’s Max Holloway makes weight ahead of Fight Island bout against Calvin Kattar
- Heavy rain could return to the islands starting late Sunday
- Officials investigating human skeletal remains found on Maui