NAALEHU, Hawaii (KHON2) — There is no tsunami threat to Hawaii after a 4.8 earthquake strikes the Big Island.
The quake was first reported at 6:06 a.m. on Hawaii Island, about 75 miles SW of Hilo, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
Latest on KHON2
- Premiere Benefit Consultants Help with Medicare Enrollment
- Hawaii’s Kitchen: Tex808 BBQ & Brews
- Governor David Ige orders flags at half-staff in honor of National Peace Officers’ Memorial Service
- Infrastructure bill: President Biden pushes plan amid bipartisan tensions, Dems infighting
- Brian Laundrie search: Officers carrying large rifles into Carlton Reserve are ‘training and searching,’ police say