HONOLULU (KHON2) — A new on-street mural is now completed at SALT at Our Kaka’ako.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The artwork, which features a woman stringing a plumeria lei with her two children, is called ‘A‘ohe hana nui ke alu ‘ia, which means “No task is too big when done together by all.”
Local artist Kai‘ili Kaulukukui began painting the street on Friday, Dec. 25, and completed the artwork on Tuesday, Dec. 29. The mural covers 3,000 square feet.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Flooding, outages, downed trees, and blown roofs as storm hits the state
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- MLB free agent Kolten Wong continues charitable efforts amid uncertainty
- No tsunami threat after 6.6 magnitude earthquake in Argentina