HONOLULU (KHON2) — A new on-street mural is now completed at SALT at Our Kaka’ako.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
The artwork, which features a woman stringing a plumeria lei with her two children, is called ‘A‘ohe hana nui ke alu ‘ia, which means “No task is too big when done together by all.”
Local artist Kai‘ili Kaulukukui began painting the street on Friday, Dec. 25, and completed the artwork on Tuesday, Dec. 29. The mural covers 3,000 square feet.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Suspect obtained restraining order against murdered woman
- Ian regains hurricane strength, expected to make landfall in South Carolina Friday
- ‘We are devastated’: Helicopter tour shows catastrophic damage after Hurricane Ian
- Dietary supplement recalled over undisclosed erectile dysfunction drug
- Man charged in kidnapping investigation of Maui woman