HONOLULU (KHON2) — The National Take Back Initiative allows residents to safely get rid of any medications on Oahu, Big Island, Kauai, and on Maui on Saturday, Oct. 23 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Expired, and unused prescription and over-the-counter medications are accepted. New or used needles and syringes are not accepted.
Get Hawaii’s latest morning news delivered to your inbox, sign up for News 2 You
- Fire Station 18 Kailua, 211 Kuulei Road, Kailua HI – parking lot
- Hawaii State Capitol, 415 S. Beretania Street, Honolulu, HI – Beretania Street drive-thru
- Kahala Mall – 4211 Waialae Avenue, Honolulu, HI – parking lot near corner of Kilauea and Waialae Avenues
- Pearl City Police Station – 1100 Waimano Home Road, Pearl City, HI – parking lot
- Ka Waena Lapa’au Medical Complex – 670 Ponahawai Street, Hilo, HI – upper parking lot corner of Ponahawai and Komohana Streets
- Hawaii Police Department Kona Station – 74-0611 Hale Makai Place, Kailua-Kona, HI – inside lobby
- Kauai Police Department – 3990 Kaana Street, Lihue, HI – parking lot
- Maui Police Department — 55 Mahalani Street, Wailuku, HI – parking lot
This is a nationwide event that is made possible by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) along with the Department of the Attorney General, State Narcotics Enforcement Division (NED), and law enforcement agencies.
Check out what’s going on around the nation on our National News page
For more information, visit takebackday.dea.gov or call 808-541-1930.