HONOLULU (KHON2) — Police on Maui responded to Holomua Road and discovered a man’s body on Saturday, February 1, 2020.
It happened around 12:30 p.m.
The man, who is in his 20s, appeared to have been severely beaten.
Officers later discovered a vehicle owned by the victim that was set on fire, off of Baldwin Avenue near the old Paia Gym.
The investigation identified William Douglas Allen (39), as a suspect in this incident.
An all points bulletin was immediately issued for his arrest.
Then around 6 p.m., an off-duty MPD Sergeant observed the suspect in the Paia Municipal Parking lot and called police dispatch.
As a result, Allen was arrested for murder in the second degree and kidnapping.
Police say the victim and Allen knew each other.
The reason for this incident is still under investigation.
Allen remains in police custody, charges and next of kin notification are pending.
- Sporadic heavy rain continues for the islands through late Thursday
- Relief program keeping Hawaii’s rental market together
- DOH confirms traveler tested positive for COVID-19 coming into Honolulu
- DLIR begins offering Federal-State Extended Benefits
- Tony Roma’s last Hawaii restaurant to close permanently on Oct. 28