HONOLULU (KHON2) — A 23-year-old male motorcyclist is dead after a collision in the Kunia area on Tuesday night, June 2.
At about 8:20 p.m. a Dodge truck that was being driven by at 47-year-old man was traveling north on Kunia Road. It was near the upper Kupuna Loop where he rear-ended a motorcyclist.
The truck driver and the two minors with him were uninjured and remained at the scene.
The man operating the motorcycle died at the scene of his injuries. He was wearing a helmet.
The operator of the truck was subsequently arrested for the offenses of OVUII and Negligent Homicide.
It is unknown if speed or drugs were factors in this collision. Alcohol appeared to be a contributing factor.
This is 18th Traffic Fatality this year compared to 26 during the same time in 2019.
This investigation is on-going.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Fireworks return to Mount Rushmore
- Governor Hutchinson to allow cities in Arkansas to pass mask mandates
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment
- PSA: Gov. Edwards and Zion Williamson encourage Louisianans to ‘Mask Up’
- Police investigate Pearl City death