PEARL CITY, Hawaii (KHON2) — Police are investigating a motorcycle crash that happened in the Pearl City area on Sunday around 3:30 a.m.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Honolulu police reported that a male motorcyclist was speeding northbound on Komo Mai Drive near Lanikeha Place. Officials said that he lost control and crashed into a curb. He was then ejected onto the right shoulder.
Paramedics took him to a nearby hospital in critical condition where he later died. The man has not yet been identified.
Authorities said that at the time of the crash, he was not wearing a helmet and that speed contributed to the incident.
This is the 42nd traffic fatality of this year.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Employee at City Mill tests positive for COVID-19
- Everyone needs a little Coco in their lives
- Give to Struggling Families Through Keiki O Ka ‘Aina & KHON2 Laulima Giving Day & Telethon
- Kauai reports four new cases of coronavirus
- ‘Iao Valley State Monument reopens to the public with new hours and entry fees