HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Honolulu Medical Examiner has identified the moped rider who was killed in a crash on Nimitz Highway on Oahu as 42-year-old Lance Watarai of Waipahu.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
It happened at about 11:40 a.m. Friday, Jan. 8 on Nimitz Highway westbound.
Police say the 42-year-old moped driver lost control and crashed into a street light.
This is the 3rd traffic fatality in 2021 compared to 0 at the same time in 2020.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Hawaii’s Ray Cooper III will begin defense of PFL Welterweight title against Jason Ponet on April 29
- 15 dead when SUV carrying 27 collides with semi-truck in Imperial County
- Social Scene: Dance battle
- Newsfeed Now: First Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines shipped out; Sisters separated by adoption find each other by chance
- Merck to help make J&J’s COVID-19 vaccine, White House official says