HONOLULU (KHON2) — The monthly test of the all-hazard Statewide Outdoor Warning Siren System, coordinated with the test of the Live Audio Broadcast segment of the Emergency Alert System, is scheduled for Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 11:45 a.m.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
During this monthly test, all Statewide Outdoor Warning Sirens will sound a one-minute Attention Alert Signal. A simultaneous test of the Live Audio Broadcast segment of the Emergency Alert System is conducted with the monthly siren sounding, in cooperation with Hawai’i’s broadcast industry. There will be no exercise or drill accompanying the test.
The all-hazard Outdoor Siren Warning System for Public Safety is one part of Hawai’i’s Statewide Alert and Warning System used to notify the public during emergencies.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Hawaii Island police searching for suspect in credit card fraud case
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus
- TheBus driver tests positive for COVID-19
- Kauai visitor tests COVID-positive after testing negative for pre and post-travel tests
- 2020 Prince Lot Hula Festival Press Release