HONOLULU (KHON2) — The monthly test of Emergency Alert System will be on August 3 at 11:45 a.m.
All Statewide Outdoor Warning Sirens will sound a one-minute Attention Alert Signal (Steady Tone).
There will also be an EAS test on the radio.
Oahu residents nearCampbell Industrial Park may also hear a whooping tone after the siren test. These areas include portions of Kalaeloa, Makakilo, Nanakuli, Kapolei, and Ewa Beach.
The whooping tone is a test of the Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) siren warning group that gets activated in the event of an actual HAZMAT incident requiring emergency notification of businesses, schools and residents within the vicinity of Campbell Industrial Park. Contact the City and County of Honolulu Department of Emergency Management at (808) 723-8960 for more information on the HAZMAT warning group siren test.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers
- Isolate, test, self-trace ways to crush COVID beyond the mask, hand washing and distancing