HONOLULU (KHON2) — The medical examiner has identified the man who died in Friday’s crash in Kapolei.
The victim was identified as 43-year-old Michael Macloves of Mililani.
Police say that he was driving on Kualakai Parkway at Hoomohala intersection when he veered toward the center median and struck a pillar. He was thrown from the vehicle, and Honolulu EMS pronounced him dead at the scene.
Police say that speed appears to be a factor in the crash.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Inside look of screening process for incoming travelers at Hilo International Airport
- Pearl City’s Kai Kamaka III ‘gets the call’, will make UFC debut Saturday in Las Vegas
- KFD responds to multiple overnight house fires
- US lawmakers introduce bill to encourage preventive health care
- Feds offer $460 million in public transportation grants