WAILUKU, Hawaii (KHON2) — Inmates in a module at the Maui Community Correctional Center refused to go back to their cells around 2 p.m.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
MCCC staff responded and the situation was contained within 45 minutes.
Mau police also responded as a precaution.
A couple of workers had minor injuries. The inmates are being evaluated to see if they have any injuries.
The Department of Public Safety reports there is no damage to the module.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Breezy trade winds, with clouds and showers are expected this week
- Drive-thru haunted house coming to Aloha Stadium in October
- ‘Say Yes! COVID tests’ distributed over 500,000 at-home kits on launch day
- Powerball jackpot soars to $523 million
- Lt. Gov. Josh Green wants fully vaccinated fans to attend University of Hawaii games