LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — Kauai Mayor Derek Kawakami says the governor is expected to approve the County’s resort bubble plan.
Hotels would have to prove they have the processes in place to make sure visitors are staying within the resort property.
Guests will have to wear an electronic bracelet that tracks their movement.
If they leave hotel property, it will be flagged and police will respond.
Gov. Ige has not commented on when he will approve the plan.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- UH Manoa to host virtual spring 2021 commencement
- Fallen pole prompts closure of Waianae Valley Rd.
- Hawaiian Telcom power failure caused TV service outage on Oahu
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party
- Several Hawaii Island beach parks closed as precautionary measure