HONOLULU (KHON2) — A 52-year-old woman was found unresponsive at Kaanapali Beach in Maui.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The incident happened at about 12:48 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 12.
Witnesses say they found the woman floating in the water, approximately 10-feet from shore. She appeared to be unresponsive.
Maui firefighters arrived on scene to discover bystanders administering CPR to the woman. MFD took over and continued to perform lifesaving measures, but the woman could not be revived. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Ocean and weather conditions were described as being calm at the time.
No additional details are available at this time.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Hawaii National Guard arrives in Washington D.C. ahead of Biden Inauguration
- Hundreds of appointments booked at mass vaccination sites on Oahu
- Tough decisions lie ahead for state lawmakers
- Flooding, outages, downed trees, and blown roofs as storm hits the state
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?