HONOLULU (KHON2) — An officer with the Maui Police Department was arrested for alleged drunk driving.
Police identified the officer as Melvin R. Johnson Jr. Johnson has been with the MPD for 25 years and is assigned to the Wailuku Criminal Investigative Division. Johnson was off-duty at the time of his arrest, police officials confirmed.
The details of the incident are still under investigation.
Johnson was released after posting $1,000 bail.
The department will be conducting an internal investigation on this matter.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers
- Isolate, test, self-trace ways to crush COVID beyond the mask, hand washing and distancing