KAHULUI, Hawaii (KHON2) — Over the weekend, Maui Police Department’s Traffic Division (MPD) took measures at addressing increased impaired driving during the Labor Day holiday.
MPD conducted six roadblocks, 625 vehicle screenings and arrested 10 drivers for operating a vehicle under the influence of an intoxicant.
In addition to this, 26 citations were issued at random checkpoints across the island.
For the full press release, click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Heavy rain possible through late Wednesday, flash flood watch issued for all islands
- Maui stores prepare to cut down on customers as new Maui rules start Tuesday
- Aloha Home Market donates proceeds to charity
- A year after tragic Diamond Head shooting, families of fallen officers Enriquez and Kalama still mourn
- Study shows nurses in Hawaii get paid the most in the country compared to other nurses