KAHULUI, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Maui man is being held on $1 million bail after being charged with multiple counts of attempted murder.
According to police, 48-year-old Caleb Carpenter threatened to kill multiple people over the course of several days.
Police say carpenter allegedly used a machete to carry out his threats.
It’s unclear at this time what led up to the incidents.
Latest on KHON2
- Tropical moisture to drift over the islands, potential heavy showers
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Hawaii Nature Center celebrates 40th anniversary with keiki expedition
- UH women’s basketball handles CSUF to complete sweep
- Swimmer drowns in Lekeleke Bay on Hawaii Island