KAHULUI, Hawaii (KHON2) — UPDATE Nov. 22 3:15 p.m. Maui Mall will extend its Thanksgiving food drive to Nov. 30. T.J. Maxx, A Great Cut and Style and Supercuts will also offer donation drop off options.
Maui Mall will be hosting a Thanksgiving food drive beginning Nov. 1.
The Maui Food Bank is urging community members to donate shelf-safe food items to help feed those in need this Thanksgiving. Participating merchants at Maui Mall will have donation bins located within their establishments for customers to drop off food.
Participating Maui Mall merchants include:
- Cricket Wireless
- Genki Sushi
- Maui County Business Resources
- Whole Foods
- Baskin Robbins
“Maui Mall is committed to supporting our local community,” said Brian Yano, group manager of Maui Retail. “And we know this year has been especially difficult for our Ohana in need. We want to do our part to connect the community and provide opportunities for our merchants and patrons to give back, and this food drive is just one of the ways Maui Mall is doing that.”
Donation bins will be located within the stores until Nov. 20, says Maui Mall. Monetary donations, in cash or check form, will also be accepted. Checks should be made payable to Maui Food Bank.
For more information on the Thanksgiving Food Drive, click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: Ken Jennings to guest host Jeopardy
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House